Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Musical Muse

I've been listening to a lot of music lately... and writing down songs and artists... everywhere... seriously. Mirrors, notebooks, scraps of paper, on my hands. I'ts because I'm planning for nanowrimo.That's write. 

Now that we have returned to our blog I have returned to my puns. Be excited. All dull puns aside, we have been preparing for nanowrimo for a good solid three months, maybe longer, right? I feel so pressured. It's my first year doing this... I hardly have enough time as is to finish homework... and I want to just write it now! But I can't, so I'm preparing... I've been looking up strange medieval recipes analyzing personality types... sifting through meaningful names... and I've bought two HUGE reference books full of fashion through the ages. Not to mention trying to narrow in on a specific time period and hammering out those weird plot holes in the original story. 
So I have been listening to music... a lot of music. There are always some songs that really capture what you're story is about... so you listen to them. Again and again and again and again... so on and so on, etc. Jackson Pearce talked about how she bought three hours of ocean music to listen to when writing her modern day adaptation of The Little Mermaid. 
So I'm really curious. Do you do this too Sam? I'm really curious about that  book you just posted about. I know you said it's short but really... I need to read this thing! Sorry about the short post but I have been SO lazy today. And I lost my phone. So basically today I cleaned my room... slept... and tried to catch up on the second season of Awkward. needless to say, I also listened to a bunch of music. I'll just jump right into that playlist. 
Snow Patrol- What if the Storm ends? 
Corinne Bailey Rae- Like a Star
Christina Perry- Arms 
AWOLNATION- Sail
Florence + the Machine- No Light, No Light
Fever Ray- The Wolf
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros- Home
A Fine Frenzy- Electric Twist
Passion Pit- Moth's Wings
Gregory and the Hawk- Boats and Birds
Ellie Goulding- Starry Eyed 
Bats for Lashes- Wilderness
Coldplay- Princess of China
Keane- Somewhere Only We Know
Alex Goot- Lightning
King of Anything- Sara Bereilles
Asha Ali- The Time is Now
VV Brown- Shark in the Water
Imagine Dragons- On Top of the World
Amy Winehouse- Back to Black
Peter Bjorn and John- Young Folks
Drops of Jupiter- Train 
Bruno Mars- Mary You
There's more... of course. But those were some of the main ones. If you look through them you'll notice that they all involve either astrology, meteorology, royalty... or sound like a Disney Princess would sing them while dancing through a meadow. Well... maybe a couple are plot oriented. We need to have a playlist on this blog. I'll take the liberty of starting one right this instant! Bye

~Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment