Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Counting Down To NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo is going to be the death of me.

 
 
     I don't know about everyone else who is planning on participating in NaNoWriMo 2012, but with just a month left until it kicks off, I am in one hundred percent panic mode. I can barely find the time simply to do my homework right now. How do I think I'm going to deal with all my school responsibilities as well as write an entire friggin' novel IN ONE MONTH. That doesn't even include all the other craziness in my life. Madness, I tell you. Madness. I guess the worst part for me is that I'm a perfectionist, and NaNoWriMo is all about not worrying about writing something absolutely amazing and instead simply writing. The whole idea of turning your inner editor "off" is going to be a challenge for me considering that my inner editor seems to be permanently working overtime. I told myself I was going to prepare myself in advance. Maybe outline a plot, create an entire cast of characters, develop complex themes, etc, etc. But you know, master procrastinators like me can't be bothered with "working ahead". So here I am with nothing but two underdeveloped characters and a vague idea for a story...in other words, I'm screwed. But you know what? I DON'T CARE. I'm going to do NaNoWriMo, even if what I write ends up being the single worst thing ever to be written in the history of writing and deserves to burned to a pile of ashes. I'll just have to edit like a crazy person right after and refuse to reveal it until I finish. So I hope you're ready Sara, because we may or may not lose our sanity in November (like it already isn't hanging by a thread).
 
~Sam
 


No comments:

Post a Comment